Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Craft

I know, I know, I have already expressed my love for pintrest, but here is another pintrest success.  I made a beautiful spring wreath.  I got the idea from here, but I found the directions somewhere else.  I thought I had that site pinned, but apparently I don't.  I wish I did so I could give credit where credit is due.  (I am currently teaching my Freshman students about plagiarism, and in a sense, this is a form of that since I cannot find where I originally retrieved the information).  With that said. . .

First, I looked up a coupon for Michaels, and purchased the wreath form  Cost about $7

Then, I looked up a coupon for Hobby Lobby (because Michael's did not have the yarn I needed) and bought the yarn. Cost about $12  for two skeins (pricier than I expected)

 I had a picture of the flowers I used, but I accidently deleted that picture right before I went to upload my pics to my computer.  The little flowers I had I got from Target in the dollar section (my favorite section of the store).  There were three different colors all on the same "spool".  I had leftover mini brads from our wedding so I used those to attach the flowers to the wreath from.


Here is the final product.  (The lavender ribbon  was a  ribbon I had leftover from a package we had received for our wedding last year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment