Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

God always has our backs!

God always has my back.  And I love knowing that if I am faithful in my prayers, God will be faithful to me.

Today, I was driving home from my after school job when I realized I did not have my house keys.  My husband has been getting home before me lately and so I haven't thought about the need for it.  Today, I didn't need my normal teacher's bag, so I only grabbed my laptop bag leaving my house keys in my normal teacher bag (you see where this is going).  I called my husband to see when he would be getting home from the track meet he had his kids at, and it wasn't going to be for almost another three hours.  No worries, I decided I'd call my dad, the cop, and see if he could help me break into my house.  He suggested the usual ideas that I had already thought of, and was going to try when I got home.  AND  I had another trick in my back pocket that my friend, Loren, had taught me in high school. The rest of my drive, I decided to pray.  I asked God to help me get in my house--I didn't say because I had a lot to do or anything else, I just had the concern for my dog and I knew that God would take care of my concerns., after all he is Abba.  I prayed the entire rest of the way.
Well, I got home, tried the trick--nope.  Checked the windows--all locked (I keep the house pretty safe, and I must say I do do a good job at locking myself out).  I could hear our dog barking inside and I knew she had to potty and it was past her dinner time.  I walked a couple blocks to a friend's house--she wasn't there.  So, I called Amy who I work with and her husband happens to be a cop as well.  As you could guess, Amy laughed at me.  It's okay, I must say I was laughing at myself too.  I wasn't frustrated with myself  or anything--just calm and faithful.  Amy called her husband and he pretty much said I was S.O.L (which I had concluded).  She told me she had a friend who lived in town where we lived and she was going to call her.  So, as Amy was calling her friend, I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair--nope still locked out.  I prayed to God and with thanksgiving that it was a beautiful day outside and that if I had to be locked out of my house, I was lucky to be locked out on such a gorgeous day.  Had it been yesterday, it would have been a damp cold and nasty outside. Already God had me taken care of.
Amy called me back and told me she couldn't get a hold of her friend, but that she knew someone else in town she was gong to call.  She called her mom for a phone number, called that person who couldn't help so told Amy to call another person who turned out couldn't help because he was sick with the flu, but told Amy to call another person. That person was home and able to help!  Amy isn't entirely sure who he is, and I've never met the guy, but I was thrilled!  God had my problem solved before I even knew I had a problem.  He used Amy to help along the way!  The guy came, helped me figure a way out into my house, and I couldn't stop thanking him.  That's the thing about these small towns--people are just willing to help--it's really pretty cool.

I remained faithful--praying for help, trusting He would provide, and thanking Him for the blessings along the way.  God tells us that if we remain faithful to Him, He will remain faithful to us, and I was blessed to experience that today!

You see, normally I would get flustered and irritated and mad at myself.  I would get nervous to have someone I didn't know help me out, but I trusted in God and He provided me with a complete sense of peace.

God, You are awesome!  Thank's for having my back!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica,
    I am responding to your comment on our blog... First of all, YES! We would love to be a contact for adoption. Our process has been extremely fast and isn't typical of international adoption AT ALL. We aren't really sure how it has happened this fast except for God's hand in putting our family together. As for hair ties, I still have some. My email is halderson1 at gmail dot com. Email me and I'll send you a picture of what I have.
    Thank you so much for your comment and for supporting our adoption.

    ReplyDelete