Pages
▼
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Joel
How do you even start to write a blog post about someone so great? Last night Chris received the call first and then I did, our friend, Joel Wilburn, passed away in a head-on car crash yesterday afternoon. I have been in a constant state of disbelief, and I am sure most people who know/knew him are feeling the same way. Joel was a fellow AKL brother of Chris's, and he and Chris went to the same church while we were at college. Joel and I seemed to run in the same crowds both due to Chris and due to common friends. We were also part of LSO (Lutheran Student Organization), so basically we were in the same crowds. It doesn't matter how I know him though, what matters is that he was such an amazing man. I never heard Joel say a mean word about anybody or say a negative thing about any situation. You could always find him with a smile on his face, a shoulder to lean on, or somebody who was easy to talk to. Sometimes we would strike up conversations and we could talk about anything. Joel was a man of God-his faith was so evident in who he was and what he did. He was also passionate about children, and this was evident through his job. I cannot seem to find the words to describe what a great man Joel was, and the world truly lost a great person when they lost him yesterday. As I said, I am in a constant state of disbelief as I continue to picture Joel's face, his rosy cheeks and his contagious smile. He was a great man, and I am sad I cannot find the right words to give such honor to him.
What a great man, I know he is hanging with God, but we here on earth will truly miss him.
I miss him too. I found out through facebook and then i told garrett and he was not happy. he has taken it really hard.
ReplyDelete