Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New FRIENDS!

Okay, so I may be in my 20's but I am pretty sure I am more excited over three new friends than a five year old over a box of crayons--just sayin'. We have lived in a really tiny tiny town (pop. 400) for just about a year now. This whole small town thing is still growing on me--that's a story for later though. But being in a small town there are hardly anyone our age that we can make friends with. We have two friends here in town (one just moved to town, but we were friends with him before he moved to town--he works at the same school Chris does,he and his wife and kid just moved closer.) The other we have been friends with her since we moved to town as well. The first we had over for supper last week. We loved cooking out with them and then playing Pirates of the Caribbean LIFE--it was totally cool. The second, we had over for a cookout last night, and we played Scrabble after. We love playing games in our house! Anyway. . . This summer at the school program Chris and I are working at, we made two new friends! (I know I mentioned three earlier; I'll get to that.)They both are teachers as well. One just finished his first year teaching music, and one is about to start her first year teaching Biology and A&P. We have done stuff together this entire summer, regarding the school program that is. We've done some amazing things WITH the kids. We've done some amazing things FOR the kids, and we've been exhausted BY the kids! Anyway, we've formed a little group, and we get along GREAT! (we've even exchanged phone numbers. I know, we are getting serious here te-he). Anyway a couple of weeks ago we found out that the music teacher was moving about an hour away. Chris's and my first reaction was "But we just finally made a new friend!!!!!!!" (insert whiney voice). He assured us that we could come out to his place for a grill out and he might come hang out at our place sometime. Woo-hoo not all is lost! We can keep our friend, we just have to travel. Well, last week, the four of us planned on going out to lunch (today). And the music teacher brought his wife (I told you the third new friend would make an appearance). Well, we went out to lunch today, and we were at the restaurant for THREE hours! It was so cool just to have friends and fellowship. We all got along great--conversations was easy and didn't feel forced, and it is just so exciting to have new friends in the area (even if two of them are moving an hour away). Chris and I have been talking and praying that God would send friends into our lives, and He has answered our prayers! All of us are essentially at different points in our lives, but it is really cool how we all connect and bond at the same time. Music teacher and his wife have a child. Chris and I are just married, and Science teacher is single. We say it is a good set up for a sit-com. Anyway, we have three new friends and I am shouting it to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment