Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Ultimate Trial

So, I meant to write this post update a few days ago after the Zimmerman trial, but honestly, I haven't been on my computer much lately. Now, before you stop reading, this isn't going to be a post concerning "I think the verdict was right" or "I think the verdict was wrong", rather it is a post concerning a comment I had seen on facebook concerning our God. Somebody had posted a little picture that said "Keep Calm and Let God do His Job. RIP Trayvon" Naturally I "liked" this picture, but then the responses were what got me going. Someone posted "Don't keep calm and don't sit idly by, waiting for any god to do anything. If you want something done take some responsibility and do it yourself." and another posted "Maybe "god" should have been on the jury" Well, here are my thoughts. You may agree with them, you may not. I am not looking for a fight rather I want to share my beliefs and opinions. There are a lot of people in this world that "take responsibility and do it themselves". Where has that gotten our world? Where did that get Trayvon? There are murderers, thieves, liars, wars, hostility, hatred, separation, corrupt governments, overthrows, etc because people took what they thought needed to be handled and handled it in the wrong way. Does this mean that we should sit around on our booties and never do anything? Absolutely not. Not only would it be ignoring what the Bible says, and that is to help our neighbors, but also because then no good would ever be accomplished either. We would not have people fighting for the good of others, we would not have people helping people. There might be even more corruption--this I don't know. We live in a world full of good and evil. My response to "Maybe "god" should have been on the jury" is this: Oh, God was there. But more importantly, God is on the ultimate jury. God gave us free will. This is the choice to follow Him or not. This is the choice to hold His laws in the highest regard. This is the choice to "do it ourselves" or to "do it for God." Our duty as Christians is to follow God to the best of our ability and do what God has asked of us, because in the end it will not be person judging person, it will be God making our final judgement call. God never promises that if you are a follower of Him that your life will be easy and that nothing ever bad will happen to you. When something "bad" happens people are quick to blame or doubt God. I am not saying that I have never fallen into this category, I am just stating fact. But the Bible is FULL of stories that even though people face persecution, hardships, sickness, death, loss of money, etc, that doesn't mean there isn't a God. But how we choose to follow Him here on earth will reflect on us in eternity. God was there that day, whether you agree or not, He was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment